... ফয়সাল সারিয়িলদিজ is a politician of the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) and a former Member of Parliament representing the Sırnak Province....
Education and early life
He studied mechanical engineering at the University of Harran in the province of Sanliurfa, and reported for the Kurdish newspapers Ülkede Gündem and Özgür Bakış. He was arrested in April 2009 and prosecuted for being a member of the Kurdistan Communities Union (KCK).
He was elected to parliament in June 2011 as an independent supported by the Labour, Democracy and Freedom Bloc, but was denied to assume his post as the court ruled the parliamentary immunity does not apply in his case. In January 2014, after a court decided the imprisonment their imprisonment violated their human rights, since they were elected as MPs, he was released from prison together with Selma Irmak, Gülser Yıldırım, Kemal Aktas and Ibrahim Ayhan. Following they delivered their oath in parliament. He was re-elected as an MP representing Şırnak in the General elections of June 2015 and the snap elections of November 2015, then for the HDP. Sarıyıldiz was defending the wounded during the curfew in Cizre in the winter of 2015-16 and called the UN for help. In April 2016 he left Turkey for exile and Turkey issued an arrest warrant for him.
While in exile he was further on involved in the defense of Kurdish rights, and also kept being an MP for the Turkish Parliament. On the 7 September 2017 he and Tuğba Hezer Öztürk, were both relieved from her duties in parliament by the vote of the majority of the parliamentarians. The next day the Constitutional Court confirmed their dismissal. On 5 June 2017, the Turkish Interior Ministry announced that 130 people who are outside the country while being suspected of militant links will lose their citizenship unless they return to Turkey within three months and meet government standards. Amongst the 130 people figured also Faysal Sarıyildız.
- "Faysal Sarıyıldız Kimdir ? - Faysal Sarıyıldız Hayatı ve Biyografisi"। www.haberler.com। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- Métayer, André। "Libération de cinq députés kurdes détenus depuis 2009 et 2010. Hatip Dicle reste en prison"। Agence Bretagne Presse (ফরাসি ভাষায়)। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২১।
- "Human rights of parliamentarians: 193rd Governing Council session"। archive.ipu.org। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "ŞIRNAK 2011 GENEL SEÇİM SONUÇLARI"। secim.haberler.com। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "Independent Deputies Stay in Prison"। Bianet। ২৭ জুন ২০১১। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০ মার্চ ২০২০।
- "Turkey's pro-Kurdish MPs sworn in after freed from prison"। Reuters (ইংরেজি ভাষায়)। ২০১৪-০১-০৭। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "ŞIRNAK 2015 GENEL SEÇİM SONUÇLARI"। secim.haberler.com। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "ŞIRNAK SEÇİM SONUÇLARI - 1 KASIM 2015 GENEL SEÇİM SONUÇLARI"। secim.haberler.com। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "Sarıyıldız calls for UN action for dozens trapped in Cizre basement"। ANF News (ইংরেজি ভাষায়)। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "Exiled Kurdish MPs fight for lost homeland"। Ahval (ইংরেজি ভাষায়)। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০২০-০৩-২০।
- "Sarıyıldız speaks in the UN: "We do not accept your silence""। ANF News (ইংরেজি ভাষায়)। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০ মার্চ ২০২০।
- "Constitutional Court Rejects Appeal of Decision to Relieve HDP MPs of MP Duties"। Bianet। সংগ্রহের তারিখ ২০ মার্চ ২০২০।
- Turkey plans to strip 'fugitives' of citizenship, including Gulen: ministry Reuters, 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2020